Snowmobile trails open this weekend, so now is the time to plan a trip to Eagle River, the “Snowmobile Capital of the World.” With over 500 miles of groomed trails, readers of SnowGoer Magazine consistently rank Eagle River as “The Best Overall Snowmobiling Vacation Destination.”
This year marks the 55th anniversary of the Country Cat World Championship Snowmobile Derby.
- The event takes place January 18-21, 2018 and is the largest and most prestigious snowmobile competition in the sport, attracting more than 40,000 spectators annually.
- The derby includes oval ice racing, snocross course racing and vintage snowmobile racing. More than 500 international drivers compete every year.
For those who don’t own a snowmobile, check out The Toy Shop rentals.
- The business offers several different types of snowmobiles for rent, as well as helmets, jackets, bibs and gloves.
- Visitors can rent a sled by the day, weekend or week.
Eagle Waters Resort is a four-season, historic resort is located on Eagle Lake, directly on the Chain of 28 Lakes.
- The hotel offers one, two and three-bedroom suites. They also have lake-front, lake-view and wood-view cabins that hold up to 20 people, so they’re good for large groups.
- Eagle Waters Resort also includes two onsite restaurants, sauna/massage rooms and a seasonal ice rink. The resort also has close access to snowmobile trails.
McGregor’s Blink Bonnie Supper Club in St. Germain is just a short drive from Eagle River.
- The Supper Club came in eight place in Travel Wisconsin’s Supper Club Showdown, receiving over 5,500 votes.
- McGregor’s offers a traditional Northwoods atmosphere, with wood paneled walls, mounted fish (and deer and badgers) on the wall, and a bar made out of knotty pine.
- The restaurant is known for their steak dinners and Old Fashioneds.
For more, check out travelwisconsin.com