MILWAUKEE – WTMJ Radio and 94.5 KTI Country win a combined 15 awards for excellence from the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association on Saturday night. The awards included News & Talk Station of the Year, News Operation of the Year and Social & Digital Media Operation of the Year for WTMJ.
"WTMJ Radio and KTI COUNTRY are committed to providing community service, local news, programming and multi-platform local content to serve our communities,” said Tom Langmyer, vice president and general manager for Scripps Radio in Milwaukee and vice president, news/talk/sports for E.W. Scripps. “To be recognized by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association is truly a meaningful honor.”
WTMJ and WKTI were recognized with a total of fifteen awards including the following:
• NEWS & TALK STATION OF THE YEAR
• NEWS OPERATION OF THE YEAR
• SOCIAL & DIGITAL MEDIA OPERATIONS OF THE YEAR
• BEST MORNING SHOW – “WISCONSIN’S MORNING NEWS WITH GENE MUELLER”
• BEST NEWSCAST – “WISCONSIN’S MORNING NEWS – JUNE 22”
• BEST SPOT NEWS – “ERIN HILLS BLIMP FIRE”
• BEST LIVE ON-SCENE REPORTING – “SHOTS FIRED AT THE JOURNAL SENTINEL BUILDING”
• BEST FEATURE – “SHERMAN PARK RISING”
• BEST PROMOTIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT – “WTMJ 90TH ANNIVERSARY”
• BEST COMMERCIAL – “PACKERS RADIO NETWORK: TROOPS SALUTE”
• MOST ENTERTAINING CLIENT-RECORDED COMMERCIAL – “PELLA WINDOWS AND DOORS OF WISCONSIN: COLD OUTSIDE”
• BEST USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
• BEST USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA LIVE-STREAMING – “WTMJ COMMUNITY COVERSATION: THE NATIONAL ANTHEM”
• BEST DIGITAL BREAKING NEWS COVERAGE – “ERIN HILLS BLIMP FIRE”
• BEST STATION PROMO – “KTI REMEMBERS GLEN CAMPBELL”
Last year, WTMJ was named Large Market Radio News & Talk Station of the Year and KTI COUNTRY was honored as Large Market Radio Music Station of the Year.
The Wisconsin Broadcasters Awards were distributed at the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Awards Gala at the Madison Marriott West Hotel in Middleton, WI. The WBA recognizes excellence annually in numerous categories for radio and television stations across the state.
About KTI Country
KTI Country (94.5 FM) is Wisconsin’s Country Station which launched in May 2015. The station is already building a younger and more active listener base. KTI COUNTRY is “Wisconsin Proud” and features live personalities around the clock with an emphasis on the local community.
WTMJ is Milwaukee’s heritage radio station. Serving the state of Wisconsin with its 50,000-watt 620 AM signal, in Milwaukee at 103.3 FM and leading radio website, WTMJ.com. WTMJ is the winner of radio’s highest honor, The National Association of Broadcasters' 2014 Marconi Radio Award as “Station of the Year.” The station was also recently awarded “2016 Station of the Year” and “2016 News Operation of the Year” by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”