Hometown - Milwaukee
On-air at WTMJ since - 1998
A lifelong sports fanatic with family appearing weekly on our airwaves decades ago, Jay was well-groomed for a career with WTMJ.
While a student at Marquette, Jay joined as a producer for the Green Bay Packers Radio Network and soon began his tenure as a news and sports anchor. He also cut his teeth doing broadcasts of the Continental Basketball Association, where his broadcasts were heard nationally, and as a host and reporter for the Wisconsin Badgers football network.
Today, Jay is an award-winning sports reporter for 620WTMJ and the Green Bay Packers Radio Network. He also writes and edits news and sports content for wtmj.com.
Jay has won awards for:
• Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for Best Social and Digital Media Story for the Green Bay Packers-Chicago Bears game on Dec. 29, 2013
• Associated Press Wisconsin Best Radio Sports Story: "Monfre for Three, while Mom's There for Me" (2008)
• Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Award for Best Special Interest Programming: "Ice Bowl Revisited" (2005)
• A.I.R. Award for Best Sports Interview: Jerry Kramer for "Ice Bowl Revisited" (2005)
• Editor (with our sister digital team at TODAY'S TMJ4) on tmj4.com's Edward R. Murrow Award for best news web site (2014)
Jay, who is married with a son, enjoys time with his family, playing keyboards in jam sessions with friends, cooking Italian food and trying to get rid of the calories, and being involved in various community service projects around Milwaukee and Wisconsin. For those wondering, Jay is not related to former Wisconsin Badgers quarterback Jim Sorgi, although he loved hearing Matt Lepay's play-by-play calls of him!