After three straight weeks on the road, the Green Bay Packers return home for back-to-back games beginning Sunday against the first place Houston Texans. Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy addressed the media Wednesday morning. Below are some top-line notes.
- NO PRACTICE TODAY. Was part of the plan at the beginning of the season. Players slept in today. All in-house walk-through stuff today. Still an installation day, but will not be practicing on the field.
- This week will be a mental challenge given the Texans are an uncommon opponent. Classroom will be critical this week.
- Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews are in treatment today. Trainers expect both to play Sunday.
- Will have lots of communication this week with Aaron and QB Coach to see what Aaron is comfortable with. Will see how he progresses this week.
- On Houston: Did personnel breakdown earlier in the season. Staff worked on schematics prior to the Eagles game.
- Aaron Ripkowski having a nice season. Really strong on special teams. Progressing as a fullback. Has earned his opportunities. Strong inside runner. Natural instincts. Productive.
- Brock Osweiler can make all the throws. Good athlete. Can play in and out of pocket.
- Houston changes things up week after week...makes it tough to plan for. Good football team on film.
- Always important to run the football, but play of players affect direction of game plan.