Whether you’re planning a weekend trip or a week-long vacation, Wisconsin’s outdoors are the perfect location for your next guy’s getaway.
The Traditional Northwoods Vacation — Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest
Nothing says Wisconsin vacation like a quintessential trip “Up North.”
- For those looking to sleep under the stars, Beaver Lake Campground is one of the many camping spots in the Chequamegon- Nicolet National Forest.
- Hike to the Morgan Falls St. Peters Dome Trail, which boasts the Morgan Falls waterfalls, a view of the Chequamegon Bay of Lake Superior and the Apostle Islands.
- What goes with the tradition of camping? Fishing, of course. The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest contains more than 2,000 miles of stream and more than 600 lakes greater than 10 acres in size.
ATVing in Monroe
Monroe, known as the Swiss Cheese Capital of the World, is located in the picturesque Driftless Region of western Wisconsin.
- You can hop on the excellent Cheese Country Trail right in town and begin the 47-mile ride north to Mineral Point. Some trail highlights include ample amounts of mud, dozens of old railroad bridges and scenic lakes in the Cadiz Springs Recreation Area.
- The Sweet Minihaha Campground is only 20 minutes outside of Monroe and offers a great camping experience right on the Sugar River. If your crew would prefer to sleep indoors, book a suite at the Chalet Landhaus Inn in New Glarus.
While Wisconsin is home to more than 500 golf courses, Geneva National has some of the best “stay and play” rates the state has to offer.
- At Geneva National you can pick between three golf courses all designed by your favorite golf heroes—Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, or Lee Trevino.
- The Geneva national will even dedicate a specialist to creating a customized stay and play package to meet your group’s goals.
- Guests reside onsite along the Player fairway at boutique villas, The Inns of Geneva National, which each feature six privately keyed guest rooms and spacious common areas, including kitchen, living and rec rooms, patio with grill and putting green.