People all over the country are complaining that their glass tables have shattered spontaneously, sometimes when there's no one in the room. And even popular brands like Ikea are not immune. It just happened to one family, with a "Glasholm" glass-top desk from Ikea. Holly Burns still has hundreds of pieces of broken glass all over her teenage son's bedroom. "I was cooking dinner, when I heard a big sound like a big boom, and my first thought was a tree had fallen into the house, that's how loud it was," she said. She rushed upstairs. "His glass-top desk had just shattered. Basically exploded," she said. Good thing her teenage son was away at school, as she found shards of glass even on his bed. "We were just fortunate no one was around," she said.