WTMJ Cares begins a new initiative to help bring cancer awareness to you and those you love, and help you battle the deadly disease in partnership with Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Network.
WTMJ's Week of Hope will happen Monday, August 15-Friday, August 19. This week is all about being aware of what you can do to fight the disease - with early detection being the key.
Check the following calendar of events (appointments required), and if you can't make these, please still be proactive in getting with your doctor take the necessary steps that might save your lfie.
- Available all week and more: Free prostate screening
- Tuesday, August 16 and Wednesday, August 17: Breast cancer screening
- Wednesday, August 17: Free smoking cessation assessments
- Wednesday, August 17: Free lung cancer high risk assessments
- Thursday, August 18: Free skin cancer screening (already booked, but we highly recommend scheduling an appointment with your doctor for a skin exam)
- Friday, August 19: A live broadcast of The Jeff Wagner Show from the Froedtert Hospital's Clinical Cancer Center
Also, share your story of hope through our Hope Hotline - 414-964-5715. That's where you can call and share how your life has been touched by cancer.
Check back for more from our WTMJ Cares section in the coming days and weeks.